Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Dad, farmer, coach, advice giver, fixer of all things, fisherman, provider, runner, hunter, builder, strong, moral, unwavering, determined,  family man.  These are just a few of the things that come to mind when I think of my Dad.

Growing up I never feared my Dad but I've always had a healthy respect for him and I never wanted to disappoint him. Kind of the strong, silent type his actions have always spoken louder than his words and through the years he has always been there with love and support. As a child I thought he was the strongest, smartest, fastest, coolest man on Earth. I always knew everything would be okay as long as he was there. In my eyes, he was Superman and there wasn't anything he couldn't do. I know now that he isn't the best at everything, but he is still the best at being my Dad. I will always look up to him with admiration. I will always seek his advice.  I will always think he is one of the greatest. I will always be a "daddy's girl." Happy Father's Day, Dad.  I love you.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lacey, I really appreciate those kind words. Almost brought tears to my eyes. I have always tried to do what was right and best for my kids. Think I'll make some margaritas and spend the day relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day, Uncle Terry! Hope you all had a great one.

    ReplyDelete